Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:18:07 +0200
From:      Traiano Welcome <Traiano.Welcome@mtnbusiness.co.za>
To:        Enrico M. <enrico@majaglug.net>, "freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org" <freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: some informations to beginner in cluster

You may be interested in the HAST project:

 http://www.freebsdnews.net/2009/12/26/update-freebsd-hast-project/

Although I'm not  sure how close to maturity/usability/production-quality t=
his is ...

Regards,
Traiano Giuseppe Welcome

________________________________
From: "Enrico M." <enrico@majaglug.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:24:42 +0200
To: <freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org>

On Saturday 30 January 2010 05:05:56 Nilton Jose Rizzo wrote:
>    Hi all,
>
>       I`m work with FreeBSD some year, on servers ( http, smtp,smb and
> other thinks), now I`ll work with cluster to parallel computing.  My
> BigBoss should be install Linux, but I would like to install FreeBSD, but=
> not have idea or correct point to start.  I look for in google, and some
> references talk about Beowulf cluster. Is this only struct?  Have
> differents about perfomance with work diskless struct and non-diskless?  =
Is
> FreeBSD ready to work with parallel computing?
>
>      Please, send me links to white pappers or posts or one start point.
>
>      TIA,

Me too, I'm interested in building a small cluster for my office, but I wan=
to build an HA cluster, not HPC.
I looked for documents, howto and other information on internet, but my
searching has been unlucky.
Any suggestions?
Thans in advance
Enrico

________________________________
NOTE: This e-mail message and all attachments thereto contain confidential =
information intended for a specific addressee and purpose. If you are not t=
he addressee (a) you may not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action =
based on the contents hereof; (b) kindly inform the sender immediately and =
destroy all copies hereof. Any copying, publication or disclosure of this m=
essage, or part hereof, in any form whatsoever, without the sender's expres=
s written consent, is prohibited. No opinion expressed or implied by the se=
nder necessarily constitutes the opinion of MTN. This message does not cons=
titute a guarantee or proof of the facts mentioned herein. No Employee or i=
ntermediary is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of MTN =
Group Limited, or any of its subsidiary companies, by e-mail without the ex=
press written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of MTN Group=
 Limited.